Congregational Education Directors
Join colleagues to talk about managing scenarios for opening virtually and/or in-person this fall. Meetings include large group and breakout group discussion.
- Thursday, May 14 from 3:00-4:30pm
- Thursday, May 21 from 3:00-4:30pm
- Thursday, May 28 from 3:00-4:30pm
Early Childhood Directors
Thursday, May 14 from 2:15pm to 3:15pm
- Thursday, May 21 from 2:15pm to 3:15pm
- Thursday, May 28 from 2:15pm to 3:15pm
Contact Ellen Glassman for Zoom links.
Webinars for Teachers and Directors
Recorded Webinars on Virtual Learning:
- The Great Escape – Online ECE Learning that is fun, memorable and effective | Click here
- Tools for Asynchronous Learning | Click for the recording and presentation
- Lights, Camera…Now What? Making the most meaningful and efficient use of time online, strategizing the best ways to virtually engage families and their children and look at screen time beyond circle time. | Click here
- Building community through pictures, words, and links – using Padlet | Click here
- Screencasting: Creating Instructional Videos | Click here
- Storytelling by Students and Teachers – using StoryBird | Click here
- Building community online via Zoom, Facebook Live, Google Hangouts – the next step | Click here
- How to Host a Virtual Seder with jkidphilly | Click here
- The Journey Continues…..to Shavuot!! (For ECE Teachers and Directors – engagement and celebration of this holiday on Zoom) | Click here
Recorded Webinars on Disability Inclusion in Early Childhood Education:
- Facilitating Functional Speech, Language and Social Communication for Young Learners, presented by Susan P. Paul, M.A., CCC/SLP | Click here
- Positions for Focus, Function, and Fun in the ECE Classroom with Pam Woods, OT | Click here
- Engaging parents to join the Early Childhood Educator to focus on their young child’s challenging behavior and/or unexpected development patterns with Shannon Rosenman, P.C. Licensed Pediatric Occupational Therapist | Click here
A template to help your school or organization plan for five possible scenarios in fall 2020.
JLV ECE Quarantine Decisions Survey Report
Summary of survey responses from 22 local early childhood directors about their current decisions for their schools during the pandemic.
Resources for Jewish Learning at Home
An annotated list of links, resources, and ideas, including synchronous and asynchronous learning, engagement tools, games, safeguarding children, and much more.
First Up Free Online Professional Development for Early Childhood Educators
First Up will be offering these free webinars through Zoom alongside your colleagues for continued virtual learning facilitated by our expert PD Instructor Nancy Nicewonger. We will explore topics and ideas to enhance your classroom learning centers. Continue your PD goals during this time so you will come back to the classroom with exciting, new ideas and activities for your children.