Launching in Fall 2019!
The Inclusion Specialists Network (ISN) is for professionals working in congregational schools to support students who need extra learning, behavioral and/or emotional support.
Specialists will learn from each other, share resources and receive ongoing professional development from experts in the disability inclusion field.
Participating congregations in will receive:
- A $750 stipend;
- 10 hours of training for your inclusion specialist;
- 8 half-hours calls for the inclusion specialist with the ISN coordinator;
- 2 workshops for Education Directors and inclusion specialists together; and
- 4 half-hour calls for the Education Director with the ISN coordinator.
And be expected to:
- Hire an inclusion specialist;
- Participate in training dates (listed below); and
- Provide a confidential survey to parents and share results with Jewish Learning Venture.
Important Cohort Dates
- September 24th, 8-9pm (Zoom webinar)
- October 22nd, 8-9pm (Zoom webinar)
- November 24th, 10:30am–2:30pm (At Temple Sinai)
- January 21st, 8-9pm (Zoom webinar)
- February 27th, 7-9pm (Jewish Learning Venture office, Jenkintown)
- March 24th, 8-9pm
Interested in Joining the ISN?
In our first year, ISN will be made up of specialists from up to 5 synagogues. If your congregation is interested in joining this network or learning more about it, contact:
Gabrielle Kaplan-Mayer, Director, Whole Community Inclusion
email@example.com | 215-320-0376
The Inclusion Specialists Network is made possible by a generous grant from the Janet and Alvin Schwartz Fund for Special Education.