Jewish Disability Awareness & Inclusion Month (JDAIM)
is a unified national initiative during the month of February to raise disability awareness and support efforts to foster inclusion in Jewish communities worldwide.
Throughout the month of February, Whole Community Inclusion offers programs and resources to help raise awareness about and celebrate disability inclusion across the Greater Philadelphia Jewish Community.
Free downloadable lessons for JDAIM or any time of the year! From the Jewish Disability Inclusion Consortium, these lesson plans use Jewish values to help students learn about the importance of disability inclusion.
- New Lesson Plans for 2023!
- Jewish Values-based JDAIM Lesson Plans
- Adam Yihidi Nivrah 1 (PreK)
- Adam Yihidi Nivrah 2 (PreK–Kindergarten)
- B’tzelem Eloheim (PreK–Kindergarten)
- In My Kehillah (K–2nd grade)
- Purim – Being Seen (K–3rd Grade)
- B’tzelem Eloheim (Grades 1–3)
- Adam yehidi yivra (Grades 1–3)
- In My Kehillah (Grades 3–6)
- V’ahavta l’reiacha kamocha (Grades 4–5)
- Purim –Being Seen (Grades 4–6)
- Tzedek-Justice (Grades 4–6)
- Kol Yisrael Araveem Zeh B’zeh (Grades 6–7)
- Purim–Inclusion (Grades 7+)
- Tzedek-Justice (Grades 7+)
- Access Earth (Grades 8+)
JDAIM Shabbat Across Philadelphia
Whole Community Inclusion and the Jewish Special Needs/Disability Awareness Consortium of Greater Philadelphia invites you to join synagogues in the area that are dedicating a Shabbat service during the month of February to focus on disability inclusion issues. We will be sharing events at participating synagogues through February!
Please fill out this form to share your synagogue’s event with us.
Celebrate JDAIM with us!
- Gabrielle Kaplan-Mayer’s Blessing for Inclusion
- jkidphilly JDAIM Coloring Book
- ELI Talks Discussion Guide
- URJ Disabilities Inclusion Learning Center
- The New Normal blog from The New York Jewish Week
- Hineinu Guide to Creating Inclusive Communities
- Matan: Resources about Disability Inclusion for Educators
- Available Disability Inclusion speakers
- Synagogue Welcoming Card
- Guide: “Help Make Purim Accessible”
- Shutaf Inclusion Guide
- Kaddish for People with Disabilities by Wendy Elliott-Vandivier