Archive for the ‘Building Community’ Category

Money, Membership and Community through a Jewish Lens

Posted: May 20th, 2015

In order to effectively connect more people to Jewish life, Jewish Learning Venture seeks to establish and support cohesive systems – within and outside of current Jewish institutions that will enable more people to find meaning and relevance in Jewish life; and, to that will expand the presence, of “community.”

One Book, One Jewish Community: The Search is On

Posted: May 6th, 2015

You may have read recently that Nomi Eve, author of Henna House, the One Book, One Jewish Community (OBOJC) feature selection, will hit her target of speaking with 100 book clubs next week!

Jewish Learning Venture and J.Proud

Posted: April 29th, 2015

By Dr. Gloria Becker, Director, Learning Initiatives in Jewish Education / J.Proud, a consortium of agencies serving the Jewish LGBTQ community, is committed to creating, nurturing, and supporting a comprehensive network of LGBTQ-inclusive spaces, programs, and resources in the Greater Philadelphia area.

PJ Library – On the Move…

Posted: April 27th, 2015

Members of our Family Engagement staff are attending the National PJ Library Conference this week in Baltimore. There they will learn about successes and challenges and benefit from networking with hundreds of other PJ Library professionals.

Me-al U-me-ev-er – Above and Beyond!

Posted: April 22nd, 2015

By Rabbi Philip Warmflash, Executive Director / It is a wonderful feeling to sit at my desk, a bit more than a week before our Celebration of Jewish Life and Learning honoring our Board President, Jon Broder, and be able to say that we are going me-al u-me-ev-er – above and beyond – in reaching our goals.